Thursday, June 16, 2005

Drezner on White Sox & Moneyball

Since the fatmango seems to have become quite the White Sox fan, thought I'd post this link to a Daniel Drezner post. The post is mostly an excerpt from a front page WSJ article about how the ChiSox are having trouble filling the seats in Comiskey (er, the Cell??) even though they have the best record in baseball. (Though check the first comment, where a South Sider rips into Drezner.)

I made the Garfield+DanyRyanEl trip from Hyde Park to Comiskey only twice, I think. One of those was in Sept '91, before my first year had even actually started--I met a couple high school friends there since the Twins were in town (and come to think of it, it was only a few weeks before they would go on to win the World Series--I vaguely recall watching that famous Game 7 sitting in Woodward on a Sunday night, dreading a physics problem set that was due the next morning). That was new Comiskey's first year in existence--I also recall that I was a prospie on campus in April of that year, just as the first games were being played there.

For more on Drezner, who's a poli sci prof at the UofC, check this post I put up last month.

BTW, I'm still highly recommending Rojo if you're trying to keep up with any blogs--that's how I came across this.

No comments: