Thursday, May 19, 2005

Common Knowledge

I'm going to defer to Arun to post a grand mission statement for DillyTaunt (or at least an explanation what he has in mind with the name).

In the meantime, here's some Common info I was going to e-mail out anyways:

Seems like Common's got the promo push behind him for the new album. I was pleasantly surprised to see the street team had got some BE posters up on Mission last week. (I was going to snap a photo, but they got papered over by a new set of promo posters this week--I've got to start packing the camera on the regular, taking some photos around town.)

Also, Gilles had Com live in session this week. Tracklisting here. (But instead of messing with BBC's wack audio player, load this link into RealPlayer to listen to Worldwide as a Real Audio stream!)

Got an e-mail earlier this week from Common's website, in advance of next week's release of BE. Click here to get to a nice little pop-up player that plays snippets of each of the tracks on BE. You can also find the player here, along with the videos for "Go" and "The Corner."

Brady sent this story from the Chicago Trib a few weeks ago, which verifies and fleshes out Brady's reaction to "The Corner" video--that this album represents a homecoming to the Chi. (My e-mail reply to Brady's forward was that I came across a funny account of "The Corner" video shoot written by one of the okayplayer guys, in which he mentioned filming at 79th & Cottage Grove and in Washington Park...where "We could smell Harold's Chicken from up the block"! Go here and click on the Feb 2005 link in the navigation sidebar.)

It'll be interesting to see if Com can finally go platinum on this one. Having Kanye behind the decks (and his name featured prominently in the promos) can't hurt.

Finally, I'm sure Brady won't mind if I post this (Flickr is lovely; click through to see what little I got in my photostream):


Common Knowledge
Originally uploaded by suman_ganguli.

No comments: