Friday, October 07, 2005

Extra Action

Did one of you LA cats say you saw David Byrne at the Hollywood Bowl last June? If so, did a group called the Extra Action Marching Band open for them?

I'm hoping to catch Extra Action tonight at this street festival in the Tenderloin. They sound like quite an SF kind of thing. From their site I ended up at their Yahoo group, where a message from last June said that that were going to open for Byrne, and that they'd played with him a number of times before.

Heading out of the office soon--first going to walk down to Amoeba on Haight St, to catch an instore performance by Blackalicious. Then downtown to the TL for the street festival.

As I pimped via e-mail, get on upcoming.org. It's what convinced me to check out this street festival tonight. You can see my upcoming events on my user page. I even got jiggy with the html and incorporated upcoming's badge into my steadyblogging template--that inspired me to add a flickr badge too. So now my upcoming.org events and a random selection of my flickr photos get published on steadyblogging.

I brought my camera with me today, so look for some photos of Blackalicious and Extra Action to show up in my photostream soon.

Have a good weekend. I plan to.

No comments: