Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Independence Day mix / last.fm

With all this talk about music up in here, we ought to start sharing some actual music.

JuniorCooper recently asked me to send him a copy of Nuyorican Soul. I'm finally going to get that out to him this week. And to pay for the delay, I'm going to throw in a copy of a compilation I threw together the morning of July 4, when fatmango was up here. Gave him and Arj copies that day, and I've been playing it myself a fair amount. I uploaded the tracklisting to my YahooBriefcase--look in the Music folder. I'm interested to see whether you guys can grab it--YahooBriefcase has been unreliable.

Got to give credit where credit is due. The opening Coke Escovedo burner is a d/l from SoulSides, a few of the tracks are d/ls from SoulSeek, and the Maxayn cover of "Shelter" is something JuniorCooper himself e-mailed me a couple months back.

Let me know if you want a copy and I'll mail out.


OTOH, if you want some streaming radio, check out last.fm. I may have e-mailed some of you guys about this a few months ago. I played around with it for a while back then, but gave up on it b/c it seemed to be early in the beta stage--lots of bugs and slow servers. The servers are still not blazing, but the interface and reliability has improved. I haven't paid for an upgraded account that would allow a personalised radio stream based on my listening profile. But any user gets to listen to "Neighbour Radio" for free. My last.fm page is here, while JuniorCooper's is here. If you open up an account, add us as friends.

No comments: